3 Holiday Fire Safety Tips You Need To Know
Have a happy and safe holiday season!
The holidays can be filled with carefree fun. Unfortunately, they’re also a time that’s prone to preventable accidents.
There are three things you need to pay attention to this holiday season. These are Christmas Trees, Indoor/Outdoor Holiday Lighting, and Fireplaces.
Discover the safety practices you need to know about each of these topics below!
Have you checked your insurance rate recently? They change frequently and you could be saving money every month. Click here to contact us now for a free review
Christmas Tree Fire Safety
Depending on your religion, you may have a Christmas tree in your home.
- Place your tree in an area that is away from heat sources such as vents, radiators, heaters, etc.
- Make sure you keep your tree base filled with water to help avoid it drying out.
- Keep holiday candles away from your Christmas tree.
- Turn off your Christmas tree’s lights before you go to bed.
Indoor/Outdoor Holiday Lighting Safety
Whether you have a menorah inside or holiday lights outside, there are a few things you need to know to stay safe.
- Don’t overload outlets or extension cords.
- Keep cords out of any water and away from anything metal.
- Never place cords under rugs or in a place where they may get pinched or frayed.
- Connect your lights and ensure functionality before hanging them.
- Immediately discard any lighting with damaged cords.
Want to warm your holidays by the fireplace? You can relax knowing you followed these tips.
- You should never put chemicals of any kind in your firewood. Burning chemicals releases them into the air.
- Keep your fireplace clean. This will allow for better airflow and cleaner combustion.
- Check your chimney cap to make sure it’s secure, undamaged, and not blocked by tree limbs.
You’re all set!
Now you can enjoy the holidays with a little less stress.
Want to see more safety tips? Check out our Winter Driving Safety Tips now.
Did you know that you can save money on your home and auto insurance with us? Contact us now and let us give you a free quote.
Questions or comments? Post them in the comments section below!