Running a business can be incredibly challenging. There are a number of decisions to be made…
…like what should go in the candy dishes and if Flag Day should be a paid holiday. Sure, those choices may not greatly impact your company’s success, but one that might is choosing the right commercial insurance.
Finding the ideal coverage is a journey that no bigwig should go alone. Our independent agents will be there, water bottle in hand, to coach you through all your options to make sure your company is completely protected. If you would like a comparative proposal and some good advice, please call us: Lyndhurst 201-933-3333 Bloomfield 973-566-6666
What is Business Insurance?
Basically, it’s a contract between a business and an insurance company, where the insurer will pay to repair, replace or recover the value of whatever the business has under coverage if it’s lost or damaged by a set number of causes.
Why Do I Need Business Insurance?
Every company, big or small, needs some form of insurance. Yes, certain types may not be required or seem relevant to you, but one tiny mistake could leave your company in financial ruins. All because you didn’t want to shell out a few hundred bucks for coverage.
Bad things that could happen to your company:
- You could lose your stuff: theft or damage to buildings, personal property or equipment
- You could be sued: product or service causes damage or bodily harm to a customer
- You could make a mistake: a professional error that causes emotional distress
Claim Payouts by Type of Liability
What Does Business Insurance Cover?
Since every business is a bit of a snowflake, they all have their very own unique set of things that can go wrong. It’s important to know what your business values the most and will benefit from its coverage.
Basic Business insurance coverage can include the following and more:
- Property insurance: covers loss or damage to your stuff due to fire, storms and other causes
- General Liability: covers claims for injuries to other people
- Professional liability: covers your mistakes that cause physical or emotional injury
- Commercial auto: covers work vehicles and certain damage they do
- Cyber-crime insurance: covers the loss of customer’s sensitive data
- Employer insurance: covers Social Security, unemployment and workers’ compensation
Have any insurance questions? Contact us any time at 201.933.3333 (Lyndhurst), 973.566.6666 (Bloomfield) or [email protected]